1. This weeks calls to action;
– March 15 is a key date with “Freedom Works” rallies in DC
– Emphasis on Obamacare repeal by end of March
– Emphasis on replacement of temporary debt limit extension
2. Obamacare/Constitution Minute
– Obamacare satisfaction rate dropped from 72% to 20% in the last year
– Pre existing condition applicant charges being raised substantially
3. DC Report
– Trump cabinet nominations confirmed; Carson, Perry, Zinke, Ross
– New Trump illegal immigration executive order release is imminent
– Republicans are pushing for tax credits for their new health care bill
4. Calls to action
– DC marches on March 15
– Tea Party local meetings
– Calls to local congress members
– Rallies at local congressional offices
– Live polling questions/answers
1. House– Miscellaneous bill issues
– Confirmation activities: Pence broke tie to confirm Betsy Devos
– Sessions nominated; Warren ordered to sit down and end her negative Sessions remarks
– Price & Pruitt nominations close to completion
– Currently, nine nominations confirmed.
– Apparently, a revised illegal immigrant control executive order is being prepared for issue.
– General Flynn is in trouble because he misled Pence about his earlier telephone conversation content with Russian diplomats.
– Discussion about possible use of “the nuclear option use to confirm Neil Gorsuch.
– Enrollment numbers are down and costs are spiraling upward
2.- Gorsuch is displaying strong Constitutional support
TPP plans for the next several weeks Ref. TPP e mail
“Want to keep on winning, then it is time to show up”
This week, the emphasis will be on Gorsuch.
Next week, congress will be shut down. The emphasis will be on home area events.
Next week, the emphasis will be on the 1,000 house party activities.
On March 27, there will be a “Freedom Works” series of DC events
Q & A
signed off at the start of this activity.
1. DC Report
– House: HR 7, No tax payer abortion funding; Passed
– Senate: Confirmed Pompao & Haley, Tillerson & Chow, next week
– Other: Scotus nomination next week; obama executive orders being dumped
2. Obamacare & Constitution Minute:
Obamacare is unraveling;
Trumps sanctuary city executive may be overruled by states rights issues
3. Scotus Update
– TPP need the “tool kit” local TP review results
– TPP goal is 1,000 house parties
– Contact senators, street rallies, sign petitions
– yes/no Ballot emailed for individual TP support confirmation
– women’s protest march comments: It was vulgar, loud and generated much trash. Inclination is to ignore it and do not worry about it.
Comment: No mention was made about TPP vetting of POTUS candidates.
The Palm Beach County Tea Party actively supports the monthly fairgrounds gun show. We consider the show as a great opportunity to meet & greet many many conservative, pro protective firearms ownership locals. We have a table at each show that is staffed by Tea Party members, including some very firearms knowledgeable members. We also have information about the Tea Party’s goals and tenets. In addition, we welcome discussions and questions about current national and world events.
The next show is next weekend. It starts on Saturday; February 11th at nine A.M. There will also be a show starting at ten A.M. on Sunday.
Hope To See You There!
1. DC report, Bill Pascoe
– House & senate passed an obama care repeal process resolution
– House & senate have an off site retreat on Jan. 25 to 27
– Trump briefed on the Russian election supposed hacking claims document
– Sessions confirmation process is looking positive. The Tillerson confirmation process does not look as positive
2. Obamacare & Constitution Status- Chris Wright
– Obamacare is still a litany of problems
– The Constitution protection efforts are proceeding
3. TPP call to action for cabinet & supreme court nominees- Jennie Beth Martin
– Gearing up to support the supreme court nominee
– The democrats are planning major inauguration interference efforts
– We are continuing work on petitions, local rallies, & sign waving
– House party kit explanation:
a.- Will show relevant political videos
b.- Sign waving rallies
c.- Face Book & Twitter inputs
d.- Call local senator’s office
e.- E mail petitions to local senators offices
f.- Send post cards to local senators
g.- Telephone senators
h.-Letters to editors
1. Sessions confirmation by Gary Marx; President Madison Strategies
* He has excellent experience
* He will eliminate sanctuary cities
* Confirmation starts in two days
* Dems confirmation attacks have been continuous for more than 30 years
* Dems use same tactics for supreme court nominees
2. Jenny Beth Martin
* Particularly need to contact red state senators
* Nomination process can last for 2-1/2 months
* Explained the “Toolkit”
* Sign all of the petitions, and send out letters to senators and other contacts
3. DC Report; Bill Pascoe
* Ryan re-elected house speaker
* Obamacare repeal may take years per congress
* Congress will provide money for the Mexico wall. Trump will likely replace it, with Mexican money.
* Plan to use reconciliation process to repeal Obamacare, but it will not work for some major features.
* The Russian hacking issue is still being pushed by the Dems
4. Obama care report & Constitution report; Steve Wright
* If the Republicans insist on keeping pre existing conditions in their bill, it will fail.
* Demos are trying to use amendment #9 to expand citizens right limits
5. Jenny Beth Martin: Planning a confirmation reception on the day prior. Details to follow.
6. Q & A; No input
1. Guest speaker; Robt. Fleming, Director “We The People”
– Mr. Fleming works with public schools to explain the US Constitution
– His federal funding has dried up. He is seeking funding by states.
2. D.C. report; Bill Pascoe
– As of last Friday, 2016 congress is closed.
– Trump pushing to stop IRS commissioner impeachment initative.
– House & Senate passed CR bill through April 28, 2017
– Sec. of Defense appointee got his initial waver on seven year since military service requirement.
– Dems pushing Russian hacking of the last US Presidential election.
– McCain & Graham are aiding this effort.
3. o”care & US Constitution; Chris Wright
– Dems pushing to stop the repeal initiative.
4. Announcements; Martin
– Must continue to support Sessions appointment.
– Pushing the new Secretary of Labor appointment
– TPP are introducing a new “Patriot Point System”. Details to follow.
Signed Off at 8:45 PM
1. Obamacare update and Constitution defense – Chris wright
– The left is working hard to stop total repeal
– US flag burning; TPP are disgusted by this but it is not against the Constitution
2. D.C. report – Bill Pascoe
– House passed “The National Defense Authorization Bill”
– A temporary govt. funding C.R. will likely passed for funding through 4/31/2017
– Elaine Chow (McConnel’s wife) will be a member of his administration
3. Jenny Beth Martin
– There are currently three TPP internet questionnaires that need response from as many Tea Party members as possible. These questionnaires are needed for the TPP 2017 operational planning.
– The last 2016 webinar will be on 12/11. The webinars will resume next January
4. Q and A
– What was the status of the election recounts; Apparently, the recounts have been stopped.
Signed off at 8:30PM.
1. Obama Care status; Chris Wright
– The resulting Medicade expansion is bad news
– The Trump proposal to keep pre existing conditions and 26 year old offspring coverage is a very bad idea because of the financial burden. Need full repeal.
– The potential Trump business conflict of interest with govt. business will be a continuing concern.
2. DC Report – Bill Pascoe
– A 3 month budget C.R. will likely pass. This is good news for budget control
– Sudden increase in South America illegal border crossings
– Discussion of Trump appointees
– Romney Secretary of State discussion
– Green Party vote recount not viable for the vote margin sizes in Michigan & Pennsylvania
3. Jenny Beth Martin Discussion of current plans
– Support Sessions & Bannon appointments by signing their petitions and circulate them for additional sign-offs.
– Support the Supreme Court nominees
– Support a probable Trump et. al. sign waving support event in December.
4.- Q & A.
I signed off at this point.
TPP Citizens Fund
—Telephone calls are being made to all states via telephone banking
—Voter contact information packs are being handed out
—Robo calls are also being made
—Hand written letters are being mailed to voters
—To obtain information on details see Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund
—A request to Tea Party webinar participants was made to make letter contacts with voters. 91% agreed.
Signed off at 8:30PM.