Action Alert – Thank your Legislators for the Rail Bill
We have just had 2 very important bills filed in the Florida Senate and House.
They Are: Senate Bill 386 (High Speed Rail Safety Act); House Bill 269 (High Speed Passenger Rail).
These bills require the Florida Dept. of Transportation to supervise and require companies to:
- Construct, Maintain and Repair their needed infrastructure
- Construct and Maintain Fences;
- Be Liable for certain Damages and be Responsible for Certain Improvements/Upgrades;
- Be Responsible for Administrative Fines, Suits and Legal Costs;
- Comply with minimum Safety Requirements & Reporting;
- Comply with Federal Laws & Regulations;
- Authorizes local governments to enact certain railroad speed limits.
I said important! These requirements will help save our communities, many life’s and put the costs on the back of the railroads. This is what we have been asking for many years.
Please Help! These bills will soon be assigned to committees and voted on.
WOULD YOU PLEASE CALL THE CO-SPONSORS OF THESE BILLS AND THANK THEM!
To write bills like these is very difficult, legally arduous and a real threats to the big money railroad proponents.
Indeed these Representatives Are Brave. Also if you ask them to keep you up to date as these bills go through committees, They Will.
District Office Phone Numbers:
- Sen. Mayfield (321)-409-2025
- Rep. Magar (772) 545-3481
- Rep. Harrell (772) 221-4011
- Rep. Grall (772) 778-5055
- Sen. Joe Negron, Pres. of Sen. (772) 219-1665
Thank you for your help! It is important to let our legislature know that we appreciate what they are doing for us.