Tea Party Patriots Conference Call – 9/11/16
The regular TPP Sunday conference call touched on a number of topics this week:
1. The “National Popular Vote Project” by guest speaker, Gary Porter.
– Project was started by politicians angry about Bush presidential win via electoral college
– The intent is to eliminate the Electoral College and elect only via popular vote
– Use state by state approval to implement without a Constitutional amendment
– Roughly 1/3 of states have approved (not sure of this status)
– Primary impact is to increase the president’s political power
Porter’s conclusion; “It must be stopped”
2. Obamacare status by Chris Wright.
– Continues to unravel functionally and incur very large cost increases
– Cost for 2016 exceeds $64 billion
3. DC political status by Bill Pascoe.
– Listed a number of house & senate current bills
– Congress will be on vacation starting next week through the year end
– They will very likely pass a CR continuing funding bill this week
4. Funding activities and Q&A
I signed off at this point