Come, Join the Fight
Hello Friends and Fellow Patriots,
I received an email this morning from Jeff Atwater, our Florida Chief Financial Officer. In it, he reminded me of a quote by Thomas Paine in his Common Sense speech:
This quote keeps resonating in my mind and I need to share it with all of you. Whether or not you are affiliated with a political party, you are probably alarmed about the future of our country. If you want “to meet and to repulse” this “common danger”, please join us at the new Palm Beach County Tea Party.
The Palm Beach County Tea Party is a non-profit organization founded by a group of concerned citizens who want to provide:
- A variety of venues, (e.g., chapter speaker meetings and candidate forums) where you can hear experts, elected officials, and candidates speak on current local, state, and federal issues impacting our three tenets of:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Constitutionally Limited Government
- Free Markets
- A website where you can go to study issues of interest to our members and quickly see a list of upcoming events that you don’t want to miss.
- A limited number of emails that will update you on the latest issues and let you know where our elected officials and candidates stand on these issues.
- Various ways for you to express your opinions to and hear from other like minded citizens. These will include:
- Facebook – look for “Palm Beach County Tea Party” to join us on the Palm Beach County Tea Party Face Book page.
- Twitter – join us on Twitter at @pbctp
- Blog – click “PBCTP Blog” at the top of this webpage to get to our Palm Beach County Tea Party Blog.
- Polls to express your opinion on an issue issues. The poll results will be published and sent to those elected officials who need to know how a large group of citizens feel on a given issue.
- Activities such as peaceful rallies where you can join other like-minded citizens in expressing your opinion to get the attention of others.
- Small teams you can join to take a level of action most suited to your time availability, talents, and interests.
- Coordination and collaboration with other like-minded local and national groups that will offer our members other forums to listen, learn, and take action.
Please click on “Events” at the top of this page to see our schedule of upcoming speaker meetings and our big BBQ on Labor Day! As we state as our Mission, the Palm Beach County Tea Party wants to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. We want to “attract” you and have you join us in this joint learning experience. We want you to work with us to make a difference in 2012 and beyond!
Thank you for reading this note. Please feel free to contact me if you have ideas as on to how we can better accomplish the mission of the Palm Beach County Tea Party.
You can reach me at pam@PalmBeachCountyTeaParty.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
Hope & Action,
Foounder and County Coordinator
Palm Beach County Tea Party
PS. Thank you, Jeff Atwater for reminding me of the quote!